Episode #1 Jelly Jammies
- Non-stick aluminum foil
- 9 by 9 pan
- Large grater
- Sandwich bag
- Stirring spoon
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine (stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated (coarse)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins (or dark)
- 1/2 lemon rind, grated fine
- Turn pan over, take non-stick aluminum foil and place it over the 9 by 9 pan and fold in the corners
- Flip the pan over and place aluminum foil into the pan. This helps make it easy to place in and throw away keeping a clean pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take walnuts and place in a sandwich bag. Crush with a can.
- Mix ingredients for filling in bowl, set aside.
- Sift together, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat Margarine, sugar, egg, and vanilla together until creamery.
- Add flour mixture until blended
- Don’t over beat
- Press 2/3 of the dough evenly in bottom of greased 9 by 9 by 2 inch baking pan.
- Spread filling over dough.
- Flatten pieces of remaining dough and place pieces over filling (does not have to be completely covered)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares when slightly warm.
Note: Recipe can be doubled for a 9-by-13 inch pan.
Grease pan if not using non-stick aluminum foil
The recipe should make about 16 squares and freezes well.