Episode #3 Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Large Frying Pan with cover
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbs. chopped onion
- 2 tbs. water
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup grape jelly
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, water, garlic, and pepper together.
- Form by hand 20 to 25 meat balls.
- Place the oil in a warmed large frying pan.
- Brown the meatballs lightly in the oil.
- Place cover on pan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Combine chili sauce and grape jelly into the pan on medium high and stir until it melts
- Once the sauce is smooth place meatballs back in the pan and baste sauce over the meatballs.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until sauce thickens.
Three ways to serve the final dish.1. Place sauce over the brown rice, followed by the meatballs.
2. Take sub bread open up and hollow out some of the middle of the bread. Drizzle sauce into the middle followed by the meatballs.
3. Put toothpicks in meatballs ideal for hors d’oeuvres.