Episode #5 Bubbe’s Hamburgers
- 2 Large Baking Pans OR 2 Loaf Pans
- 1 mixing bowl
- 3 bowls
- 3 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs. wine or 1 tbs. of vanilla
- 1 tbs. cocoa
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. sugar
- Sift dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs until thick, gradually add the sugar in the large mixing bowl.
- Continue beating until lemon colored.
- Stir in oil and wine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture.
- Take 1/3 of the mixture and place in another bowl and mix with cocoa.
- Grease baking pans.
- Shape the white batter into a small loaf and roll one strip of the dark batter.
- Place dark in the center on top of the white loaf.
- In a separate small bowl mix 1tbs. sugar and 1tbs. cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 350 deg for 25 – 30 min.
Note: Makes 2 loaves and slice when cool.