Episode #29 Passover Brownies
- 9 x 9 inch baking pan
- 1 tbls. measuring spoon
- Microwave dish to melt chocolate
- Measuring cups
- Bowl scraper
- Flour sifter
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 ounces of bitter sweet chocolate*
- 1/2 cup vegtable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (can be a little less)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbls. instant coffee
- 1/2 cup cake meal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven 325 degrees.
- In microwave melt chocolate and mix with vegtable oil, and cool.
- Grease baking pan well.
- Sift cake meal, salt, and coffee into small bowl together.
- Beat eggs and sugar well in the large mixing bowl on medium high speed in mixer.
- Add chocolate and vegtable oil mixture to mixer while mixer is on.
- Gradually stir in coffee, salt, and cake meal mixture until blended while mixer in on.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake in pre-heated 325 degree oven, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut while still warm.Makes 16 squares
*NOTE: 2 ounces of chocolate equals 2 strips of a 6 ounce bar.
Can be doubled with a 9 x 13 baking pan.s